Biyernes, Abril 8, 2016

Unknown

SNOW PEAS WITH SHRIMP STIR-FRY

 SNOW PEAS WITH SHRIMP STIR-FRY

One of my major goals in 2016 is to be more purposeful in managing Kawaling Pinoy. I think the site has grown enough to be treated more a business than the hobby it started three years ago. I have to admit, I am not a very organized individual. Last year, I failed to keep better records of all my blog-related expenses and income and I am now scrambling like the dimwit that I am to gather together receipts, invoices, etc. for tax filling. To save myself the same agony next year, I put together a comprehensive blog planner and started to log in every single dime I spend to run the blog. The beauty of a more detailed system, I am able to smartly evaluate my spending patterns. I just realized, I waste so much food it’s beyond crazy! Food blogging does involve extensive recipe development which translates to increased food cost. Sometimes, it takes a few tries before I nail a recipe. But most times, my wasting so much food is just from my lack of proper planning.

This year, I want to be more deliberate with how I develop recipes. From haphazardly cooking whatever, I’ve begun to plan my editorial calendar weeks ahead. Case in point, I bought a 4-pound chunk of sirloin last weekend to make a beef and baby corn stir-fry. The dish requires only one pound so I made beef tapa with the remaining sliced meat. I only needed about 8 to 10 pieces of snow peas for the stir-fry so I turned the remaining package into this snow peas with shrimp stir-fry. I used the same sauce base for both of the stir-fry dishes but by switching key ingredients, I have a whole new dish to enjoy!

 SNOW PEAS AND SHRIMP STIR-FRY
 
PREP TIME
COOK TIME
TOTAL TIME
 
Author: 
Recipe type: Main Entree
Cuisine: Asian
Yield: 4 Servings
INGREDIENTS
  • ¼ cup light soy sauce ( I used Kikkoman)
  • ½ cup water
  • ¼ cup oyster sauce
  • 2 tablespoons Chinese cooking wine
  • 1 tablespoon corn starch
  • 1 tablespoon sugar
  • ¼ teaspoon pepper
  • oil
  • 1 pound snow peas, ends trimmed
  • 1 large carrot, peeled and cut thinly in a bias
  • 2 stalks celery, cut thinly in a bias
  • 12 quail eggs, hardboiled and peeled
  • ½ pound large shrimps, peeled and deveined
  • 1 onion, peeled and sliced thinly
  • 2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
  • INSTRUCTIONS
  • In a bowl, combine soy sauce, water, oyster sauce, Chinese cooking wine, cornstarch, sugar and pepper. Stir until cornstarch is blended. Set aside.
  • In a wok or wide pan over medium heat, heat 1 tablespoon of oil. Add snow peas and cook for about 10 seconds. Remove from pan and drain on paper towels. Add carrots and celery to pan and cook for about 30 seconds or until half done. Remove from pan and drain on paper towels. Add another tablespoon of oil to pan, if needed. Add shrimps and cook for about 2 to 3 minutes or just until color changes to pink. Remove from pan and drain on paper towels.
  • Wipe down wok as needed. Add 1 tablespoon oil. Add onions and garlic and cook until limp. Stir oyster sauce mixture to disperse cornstarch and add to wok. Bring to a boil. When it begins to thicken. add shrimps, quail eggs, celery, carrots and snow peas. Continue to cook for about 2 to 3 minutes or until shrimps, eggs and vegetables are heated through. Serve hot.


Unknown

About Unknown -

Author Description here.. Nulla sagittis convallis. Curabitur consequat. Quisque metus enim, venenatis fermentum, mollis in, porta et, nibh. Duis vulputate elit in elit. Mauris dictum libero id justo.

Subscribe to this Blog via Email :